Old Bechstein

romanop@attglobal.net romanop@attglobal.net
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 04:54:33 -0400

List,

I recently tuned an old Bechstein serial # 33593 (circa 1893 according =
to Pierce). The piano is in remarkably good shape for its age but does =
need regulating. I was about to jump in to do a quick touch up and =
wanted to include key easing. I could not for the life of me figure out =
how to remove the stack. It appears that some major disassembly has to =
take place just to get the stack off. The keys do not have capstans per =
se  but rather a little block that is screwed to the key and wippen. Do =
any of you with more experience with Bechsteins know the best and =
quickest way to proceed.=20

Thanks,=20

Phil Romano
Myrtle Beach, SC