Bkack Finish

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:17:23 -0400

In a message dated Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:29:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hazenbannister@cs.com writes:

> Hi list,
> I have a grand piano being sprayed black.How can you spray one side of the lid, and turn over without messing the other side up?  We had it sitting on a blanket,and it left an indentation,after three days of drying.We have it now sitting on finishing nails,as it will only mess up a small area.  I have never had this problem before.Everything we've tried has left
> a mark on the finish.
> Thanks,
> Hazen Bannister

Hazen, we drill two holes, one on each side under where the long lid hinge sits and screw two hooks in.  We then put a wire between the hooks and hang the lid vertically.  That way we can spray both sides of the lid at one time.  We have a wheeled rack so we can move it out of the spray booth, but without a rack two people can move it from hooks in the spray booth to hooks out of the way for drying.  Works for the short lid too!
David Koelzer
DFW