Terry and service vehicle

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:50:58 -0600

Hi Terry,

You are the one who is not charging enough. If you can not afford the
vehicle of your choice and a *new* one, or a *leased* one your rates are
simply too low. The salesman probably leases the car so in a sense the
Government is paying and not him.

At 06:53 AM 6/19/02 -0400, you wrote:

>I saw the flip side of having a presentable car the other day. I pulled
into the parking lot of a warehouse-type used Japanese piano importer to
inspect a couple pianos for a lady. The salesman pulled into the lot right
in back of me. Took him a couple minutes for the hardtop to automatically
come out of the trunk of his new Lexus two-seat convertible. I am not
familiar with this car, but I saw a used one in the Auto Trader and the
asking price was $63,000. I concluded immediately, that the salesman (my
spell checker suggested salmon?) was charging WAY TOO MUCH for his pianos!

>Terry Farrell

and it is clear that you are a great guy, it would have been nice to meet
you in person.

>  In our area almost all the techs drive Volvo wagons--Volvos have the
image worldwide of being well engineered and well made, great technical
machines, and that image is pretty good for a tech to have.  Also, it is an
acceptable car to be sitting in the driveway of even the most posh homes,
so your clients are not embarrassed--although not quite as good as a
Mercedes ;-(

>  Wishing you better luck,
>
>  Diane
>
>    James Baker <JamesBakerRPT@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>
>    Sorry you won't be in Chicago, but Atlanta is a toddlin' town too.
I'll see you there.  By the way, I put a rebuilt transmission (after
nursing it home from PA state) and ceiling liner in my Volvo wagon with
223,000 miles on it.  It is a '90 and I get 30 mpg on the interstate.  It
is a great car with a lot of room.  I expect to get another 100,000 out of it.