Pleyel from 1869

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:56:25 +0200

 Cy Shuster wrote:

>It's beautiful!  I particularly like the tone of the first treble note.
>What size is the piano?  Wooden frame, or metal plate?  To my (untrained)
>ear, it doesn't sound like typical low tension fortepiano strings (was the
>tension raised in the rescaling?).

It does have a nice character... except the high treble...where it steadily
thins out until its really quite bad at the very top. Pianists try and stay
away from the last 4-5 notes. Its a wooden frame with a metal slate running
along the back edge to hold the hitch pins. I am not sure about the tension,
tho I would imagine this to be the case. Pitch is 440 +/- a hz or two.

Its sort of a hybrid instrument given the rescaling and action work.

>--Cy Shuster, TSO--
>Rochester, MN

RicB
Richard Brekne