Fraudlent keytop replacement service in utah

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:28:32 EDT

    Pianotech List

   My brother Keith recently asked me to refer a keytop replacement person. I
referred him to some one who was listed in the Guild resource guide. I did
not know a thing about this guy, who shall at least for now remain nameless.
Our regular installer was swamped amd so he sent the keys.
   He got them back and this is the worst butcher job I've ever seen. I mean
nothing is straight. Keys so badly sanded they will need much wood glued on
to repair, keytops not even covering all the wood on many fronts , the fronts
totally uneven spacing keys, that were so over planed that 1/8" inch pieces
had to be glued on to simulate a REAL key thickness dimension.
  My point is I will never refer any one to a journal advertiser without have
first hand experience and I intend to complain loudly to all who will listen
on this list and at home office about ethics and advertisers. This is just
plain fraud masquerading as piano repair and our organization is advertising
him.
  I figure it will take aproxamately 4 to 5 hundred dollars to repair these
keys and get them straight again.
  If my bros. doesn't get a refund plus damages I'll post the guys name here
later so you all don't get burned.
  Sign me hot under the collar