Molded Keytops

Greg Torres Tunapiana440@cox.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 01:29:11 -0500

The "other" Greg was I, Greg Torres...

Please forgive me for not having my last name included...I just got back =
from vacation and had to re-install everything this week due to a hard =
disk crash and I forgot to include my last name in my account =
info....sorry!

Best,
Greg Torres
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Newell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 3:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Molded Keytops

  FWIW this copied post was not posted by Greg Newell but by some other =
Greg.

  Greg Newell

  At 06:13 AM 6/19/2002, you wrote:

    If one were to use a water based adhesive instead of a solvent-based =
one then that wopuldn't be a problem...I have used a latex based =
adhesive (Liquid Nails, white stuff in a squeeze tube) in the past that =
worked very well although it was much slower setting than acetone/keytop =
solution....
    =20
    Now, this brings to mind another keytop question...
    =20
    Has someone come up with a molded keytop (or can someone please do =
so?) that is slightly smaller in width at both the head and even smaller =
at the tail? I believe this idea would be better than always having to =
trim off SO MUCH excess plastic...
    =20
    I realize that key sizes vary somewhat and that they are not always =
uniform in size, but a better key covering job could be more easily =
obtained simply by shrinking the dimensions of the keytop slightly, =
especially for those who do not have a keytop trimming jig or =
machine....
    =20
    FWIW, I am speaking primarily of the Schaff/Apsco keytops commonly =
used...=20
    =20
    Anybody?
    =20