spinet stickers

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:02:24 -0500

>...Some of these cross pieces are turned so that they tend to
>hang over the gaps between the capstans...I removed the two
>worst ones, and they looked normal...Has anyone had a problem like
>this? And if so, what did you do about it?...
>Bob Anderson

Bob, List,

Help.

You say the cross pieces are turned, then you say after removing the
two worst ones, they looked normal.

Viewing it in my mind, if that cross piece isn't perpendicular to the
sticker shank, then it couldn't be normal. Something is warped or the
two parts are incorrectly joined together or ?.

If it is normal, how about relocating the sticker guide pin's hole by
plugging and redrilling?

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731