SAMA Rebuilders - Followup

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:40:50 -0600

At 04:43 PM 6/20/02 -0500, you wrote:
>List,
>
>This is a followup on my experience with SAMA rebuilders in Jaurez.  I
>sent them a 48" Gulbransen baby grand in March for a rebuild; new stings,
>damper heads refinished and new damper felt, soundboard repaired &
>refinished, new pinblock, hammers/shanks/flanges, key bushings, keybed
>felt, ivory repair.  In general, very good work.  Great plate refinishing,
>nice even stringing, good pinblock fit.  Hammer line correct, hammer shank
>travel quite acceptable.  Front rail key bushings a little loose for me
>but consistent.  may require some tightening when dryer weather
>comes.  Keys are level and square.  Good ivory matching and
>polishing.  Regulation acceptable.  Exactly three months from delivery to
>return.  I'm very pleased and look forward to sending a refinish job and
>rebuild soon.
>
>Only complaint was the 24 hour notice for return delivery.  I had to
>reschedule my day to receive.  No biggy but I'm going to ask SAMA to
>notify me when they ship, since it takes about 5-6 days once they ship for
>it to arrive to me.  Keyboard Carriage picked up and delivered right on
>time(actually a little early) both ways.  Cost was $214 from here to there
>and $209 back.  Why the difference, I don't know.
>
>Gary Bruce, RPT

Gary,
      Glad you liked it. I remember that one, 'cause we don't get many real
tiny ones. It was gutsy for such a petite.
       Your experience with Keyboard is uncommon. Not the 24 hour notice,
that's usual. The 5-6 days. Lucky, there, I guess.
       John or Salvador will be glad to give you a call about when the
piano ships.

Guy Nichols, RPT