SAMA Rebuilders - Followup

philromano@attglobal.net philromano@attglobal.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:15:40 -0400

Hi Gary,

Can you give us an idea of what you paid for said work?

Phil Romano
Myrtle Beach, SC
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Gary Bruce=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 5:43 PM
  Subject: SAMA Rebuilders - Followup

  List,

  This is a followup on my experience with SAMA rebuilders in Jaurez.  I =
sent them a 48" Gulbransen baby grand in March for a rebuild; new =
stings, damper heads refinished and new damper felt, soundboard repaired =
& refinished, new pinblock, hammers/shanks/flanges, key bushings, keybed =
felt, ivory repair.  In general, very good work.  Great plate =
refinishing, nice even stringing, good pinblock fit.  Hammer line =
correct, hammer shank travel quite acceptable.  Front rail key bushings =
a little loose for me but consistent.  may require some tightening when =
dryer weather comes.  Keys are level and square.  Good ivory matching =
and polishing.  Regulation acceptable.  Exactly three months from =
delivery to return.  I'm very pleased and look forward to sending a =
refinish job and rebuild soon. =20

  Only complaint was the 24 hour notice for return delivery.  I had to =
reschedule my day to receive.  No biggy but I'm going to ask SAMA to =
notify me when they ship, since it takes about 5-6 days once they ship =
for it to arrive to me.  Keyboard Carriage picked up and delivered right =
on time(actually a little early) both ways.  Cost was $214 from here to =
there and $209 back.  Why the difference, I don't know.

  Gary Bruce, RPT