black finish

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:02:24 -0400

> In a message dated Fri, 21 Jun 2002 7:20:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, gutlo@bestweb.net writes:
>

> > List,
> > Well, maybe.  But you'd be hard pressed to find good color matches from
> > touchup markers, even in black.  Markers wear off, especially with furniture
> > polish.  They're almost always visible, especially against a new finish.
> >
> > Touch up markers are best reserved for repairing damage and wear from age or
> > accident, not as a substitute for good original craftsmanship.
> >
> > Arthur

 Arthur, I believe David I. said that with tongue-in-cheek. On a serious note though have you seen the ebony finishes on brand new Steinways? Every one that has come into our shop has some kind of marker (magic or not) on almost every edge on the piano.   If you have a chance take a close look.
 Apparently piano finishing is a "Rocket science."

 David Koelzer
 DFW