clothing

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:55:56 EDT

In a message dated 6/21/02 11:33:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
MWisner@yamaha.com writes:

> I wouldn't mind being "brought down" to the level of an auto mechanic.  My
> older brother IS an auto mechanic who works at a Goodyear garage and for
> each of the last ten years has never failed to make at LEAST $100,000.00 a
> year, usually much more.
>
> Mark Wisner

I'm glad your brother makes $100,000. But making a lot of money is not what
differentiates between what we do and what he does. I am not discounting
those professions. They are important, and I am sure most of them do make
more money than piano tuners. But I don't think a plumber, much less an auto
mechanic, in his/her work clothes, will be allowed in the living room, or on
the concert stage.

Wim