company name

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 22:14:37 +0200

As a sole trader I have "Lawsonic Pianoforte Services" the first being a
play on my name.

Brian Lawson
www.lawsonic.co.za

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Neuman" <piano@charlesneuman.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 9:24 PM
Subject: company name

If you are self-employed and don't have partners in your business, which
do you think is more effective for your company name: your own name, or a
business-y name such as "Superb Piano Works" or "Piano-Toon"?

I have heard people in the past claim that your own name sounds more
personal. On the other hand, maybe customers prefer something with more
distance, which might be more "official" in their eyes. I don't know.

I notice that a lot of businesses have really boring-sounding names such
as "American [whatever]", or "Mid-Island [whatever]". And putting the town
name in the company name seems to be popular.

Charles Neuman