Separated back, part 2

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:44:06 EDT

In a message dated 6/21/02 11:59:23 PM !!!First Boot!!!, cedel@supernet.com
writes:

> The board glued to the top of the piano above the pinblock (but under
> the lid) is split also, and partly loose, I suppose.

Clyde

If the top is partly split, before attempting any kind of fix, see if the
separation is active, or if it is an old one. You say you tuned at 50 c flat,
and then 40 c flat. That would indicate it isn't going any where. What you
want to do is measure the width of the crack at several places, but mostly at
the ends. Also, draw a line at each end where the crack ends. Next year, see
if there is an increase in the length of the crack and the width. If it
hasn't gone any where, then this is an old crack, and there will be no need
to fix it.

Wim