clothing

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:44:31 -0700

Re: clothingYour a fuddy duddy!

David I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Cliff Lesher=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 10:52 AM
  Subject: Re: clothing

  Tex,

  While servicing a 1953 Acrosonic on Tuesday, I came across a pamphlet =
that Baldwin apparently included with the piano.  In it there was =
section about service, tuning and how to choose a technician.  The =
accompanying picture (drawing) showed a tuner at someone's door wearing =
a double-breasted suit, doffing a chapeau, and carrying what appeared to =
be a doctor's bag.

  While times have changed, I don't think this image is terribly far off =
from the impression a good piano technician should offer.  Call me a =
fuddy duddy, but I wear dress pants, dress shirt, and tie.  I try to =
keep the shoes shined.

  After all, piano doctors still make house calls.

  Cliff Lesher
  Winfield, PA