clothing

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:24:55 -0400

For those of the fairer sex, would you be comfortable going out on =
appointments in a floor length gown? I think not.=20

Been there done that -- depends on the job site (la-dee-dah fundraisers =
at $1000 a plate with "special guest artist at the piano") ....

In short, Cliff, what's good for you is fine, for you, but it certainly =
doesn't make me less of a technician because I don't conform to someone =
else's dress code.

The problem is in the customers' expectations.  There are some =
neighborhoods where nothing but the best will do, and that means wearing =
the best dress slacks and a nice shirt.  The same outfit in another =
neighborhood would be dreadfully out of place and will arouse the worst =
suspicions.

Cleanliness counts big-time around here.  It doesn't seem to matter what =
is worn, as long as it is clean.

What really goes over well is any sign of respect for their homes.  =
Removing shoes and putting on slippers at the door ... bringing in a =
clean light-colored tub mat on which to place your toolbox so the floor =
doesn't get scuffed or the carpet doesn't get dirty.

It also helps to have reasonably clean work habits.  I try to do any/all =
in-home repairs over the tub mat or an old towel.  At the end of the =
job, I just roll all the trash up, sawdust and all. =20

  ----- Original Message -----=20