clothing

BobRussellpiano@AOL.COM BobRussellpiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 22:14:44 EDT

Deciding on a uniform is very important and requires some self analysis. What
image do you want your customers to have of you? Is your goal simply to be
comfortable, or to go the extra mile and treat your customers to first class
service? Unfortunately, many customers don't recognize quality work. However,
all customers recognize professionalism. I pretty much wear the same uniform
everyday to work. I wear dress slacks and a white shirt and tie. In the
winter my shirts are french cuffs and in the summer short sleeve. I agree
with most of your feelings about ties. I HATE THEM.
I've chosen to wear clip-on ties. It's hard to find good ones, but especially
in the summer, I simply wear the tie going into the appointment and when the
customer leaves the piano I remove it and tune the piano. When I'm done I put
it back on.
I know I'm setting myself up for abuse with this GQ tip, but you have to
balance comfort with providing first class service for your customers.

Bob Russell RPT