clothing

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:58:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

<snip>
> The days of suit and tie are gone. But there is
> a big difference between
> coming to the house in your dirty work clothes,
> and a clean polo and slacks.

<snip>
> I don't think it is appropriate to come dressed
> like you didn't care about
> the customer. And that is the impression
> wearing dirty clothes gives.

I guess I didn't make myself clear earlier.  I
have no intention of arriving at a customer's
home "dirty" wearing "dirty clothes".  That's not
what I said.  But evidently wearing a
professional work shirt with a name
professionally attached thereto makes me a "low
class" person.

Incidentally, one of the reasons I wear said
atire is to be COURTEOUS to the customer.  I want
them to KNOW who I am and why I'm there without
having to speak a work.  I've been TOLD by
customers that they liked seeing that, and not
just one or two.

Go ahead and wear your suits or ties or whatever
you think is appropriate.  But I sure don't
appreciate the 'looking down the nose at us poor
phlebes' attitude when we think differently than
you do.  Talk about unprofessional.

'Nuff said by me.  Actually, 'nuff read by me
too.  Think I'm gonna go away for a while.

Best wishes to all.

Signing off...

Brian T.