clothing

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:13:19 +0930

Hi Dave,

What do you mean, "we could work in thongs".
I do. Then when I get into the house off they come. So I look at the =
piano, decide what needs to be done, settle on a price then ask for a =
cup of coffee. Milk and two sugars please.
Do you think I should ask for the coffee before I give them a price ?, =
or after.

Regards

Tony Caught
Darwin
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 10:31 PM
  Subject: Re: clothing

  The beauty of our profession and of being self-employed is that we get =
to call our own shots when it comes to personal choices like =
clothing(I'm sure we'll talk about the bad parts of being your own boss =
next April...-).  As long as you don't offend the customer by being so =
untidy and unwashed that they mistake you for a homeless beggar, I don't =
see the vast majority of piano owners out there having an issue with =
what their piano tech wears.  It seems like people are so mystified and =
enthralled by what we do, that we could do our work in thongs without =
offending.  If you do that, though, watch out where you point the heat =
gun, and be careful when doing string work!=20

  Dave Stahl=20