Windows XP

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:26:44 EDT

In a message dated 23/06/02 3:03:17 PM, dahechler@mlc.net writes:
Duaine;
 As I have previously stated I am a Macophile and know little of PCs or
Windows.
I will address each point as it pertains to me and possibly others.

<<"- as previously posted, I think, if you don't register XP with MS in 30
days, it will time out and you will have to reinstall it.">>
I have hade this laptop over thirty days and have not registered it with MS
although I did register the laptop for warranty purposes with HP. The native
XP seems to be working just fine.

<<"- if you have a DVD player on your system and a connection to the
internet, XP will dial up MS and tell them what you just watched (sounds
like invasion of your privacy to me).">>
Me too just where would I go to find this bit of programming?

<<"- MS is trying to force everyone to use their WMP (Windows Media Player)
... natively it doesn't come with software that supports MP3's (at least
the last time I've heard about the subject)">>
 Whether MS or HP I don't know but my thingee has both WMP and MP3 as well as
CD/DVD/CDRW capability.

<<"- because all the evil people know that most people are using windows,
in general, you need antivirus software (very few of the viruses have
hit Linux boxes)">>
 Yeah this does bother me and is the reason I won't be using the laptop on
the net.

 Mac OS X is almost entirely Linux based, is it not?
Jim Bryant (FL)