Piano tilter

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:05:24 -0700

At 04:30 PM 6/24/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Claudia,
>
>I use the one from Schaff. Only tilted 3-4 pianos, but no complaints so far.
>
>John M. Formsma
>Blue Mountain, MS

I considered the one from Schaff, which looked very sturdy and strong,
but the weight (52 lb.) stopped me. I have to carry the thing to the
car. I bought one from Tuners. It's like the portable piano tilter on
page 28. I did, however, have a welder add a support (vertical) just
behind the midpoint fasteners on each side. As it was to begin with,
the vertical support of the rear section depends on the fasteners,
and I once had a wing nut split.

Susan