Piano tilter

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:17:46 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/2002 11:13:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
claudia_cimenti@mail.com writes:

> Subj:Piano tilter
> Date:6/24/2002 11:13:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:claudia_cimenti@mail.com">claudia_cimenti@mail.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>         Hi Caudia

             I was just in northborough last month as my daughter graduated
from Clark in Worcester, Mass. Stayed at the northborough junction hotel of
some brand.
   Schaff sells a very heavy duty but portable and collapsable upright
tilter. Very rigid which is critical. I have a friend whos jaw was broken by
the ineffective useage of one of these. She didn't pull back hard enough to
have the feet dig into the pianos bottom board. The whole thing slid out and
knocked the handle of the tilter into her jaw. I would recommend having a
welder weld a sharp point on to each foot for safety.
   As for grands this was discussed here last month and others will need to
provide details.
    Regards>>>>>>>>>Dale Erwin>.