Pitch Raise Questions

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:16:44 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/02 10:28:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
euphoniac@juno.com writes:

> I am currently a Randy Potter student with some questions about pitch
> raising.  When I measure the pitch of A4 with my SAT III, how low (in
> cents) should it be for me to need to perform a pitch raise?  Also, when
> performing a pitch raise, is it better to raise only the single strings
> all the way up, or should I raise all of the strings of each note as I
> go?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don Palmire

Anything over 25 cents low, measured at A 440, should be considered a pitch
raise. Off set the SATIII 25% higher that the pitch was low. (If the pitch
was 40 cents low, off set the SAY by 10 cent sharp. The do your normal FAC,
(or use a preset temperament, and tune the whole piano, like you do a normal
tuning. Then turn off the machine, and do a normal tuning. On the pitch rise,
you don't have to get picky with the unison. But the close you can get with
the pitch raise, the less time it will take to do the tuning.

Wim