Value of S&S L

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:50:43 -0700

I'd take the approach of the value of a complete rebuilt L and what that
would cost in your area. Next I would contact a Player Tech and find out
what it would cost to completely rebuild the player part. Add the two
together and  you should have an approx. value. Another way would be to
search your area and find out if another is available, (ie similar), and
what the asking price is. Add 10% for "searching" costs. This would simulate
the need to replace it if it was destroyed.
When I do appraisals, I have two numbers: 1.Retail Value in the current
market & 2. Replacement value in the current market. Most Dealers are
receptive to helping you do this. It's always good to have a good working
relationship with most of the dealers in your area.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)