Buldoc wood glue

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:58:02 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/2002 5:40:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Buldoc wood glue
> Date:6/25/2002 5:40:40 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com">mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>       Terry wrote
>
> By suggesting a long working time, I meant long reletive to hot hide glue.

   Hey Terry

> retarded with urea.
> I have heard that David Hughes uses cold hide glue to glue in his
> soundboards. Is this correct? Does anyone else on this list have any
> experience with using cold hide glue for critical glue joints such as
> soundboard-to-rim, bridge-to-soundboard, or for a bridge cap?

the board but I think almost any other good wood glue is aplicable for rib to
board joints and why not? I've been wondering about using the waterproof
tightbond glue for the rib/board joint.
  I've used cold hide in rib glue up for its open time and ease of cleanup
but also it dries glassy hard in a few weeks as hot hide does. I've used hot
hide a time or two to glue on bridge caps. Must move quickly!

> To remove the Buldoc glue, he recommends moisture to soften it, and then
> scrape it off. I wouldn't be suprised that it sounds easier than it
> actually is to do, hence the question above.

         Dale Erwin