Pitch Raise Questions

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:03:12 EDT

Don,
  I consider anything 10 cents low a pitch raise.I will first check the
octaves of A3 down an octave, with the accutuner on A4.I don't like to lower
the bass,so I let it be my guide for the amount of overpull I use.I can tell
by the lights as I go upward,if I need to increase the amount of overpull.If
the lights start spinning flat a lot faster,I make them spin sharp the same
amount of difference,usually starting around the treble break,C#5 and up.Dr.
Sanderson  told me he thought tuning unisons as you go, is more stable and I
agree.Although I will normally tune the whole bass section,then pull in the
unisons.
Best,leaving today for the big show,
Hazen Bannister