Value of S&S L / Terry Farrell's comment

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:30:11 -0700

Terry et al,
You have hit on a really large problem, in our industry. One, which I think
can only be addressed, if/when PTG adds a category of "Rebuilder", with sub
categories of possibly "apprentice rebuilder", Journeyman Rebuilder and
Master Rebuilder. This, I think, will never happen in PTG! And, possibly,
rightly so, as PTG is focused on Tuning and Service, not Rebuilding. My
thought is that there needs to be a separate Organization that is
specifically for Rebuilding and those "Allied Arts". The logistics and
mechanics of such an organization would be huge. (I have thought on this
subject, many times.) The whole thing would have to be set up with proper
testing and over-sight of it's members. It's needed, but I suspect it will
not happen in my life time.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)