Feeling the Hammers

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:06:17 EDT

What I said was:
>if you take the aural signal out, so that only the tactile feedback through
the key was left, I would be surprised if one could tell the hardness of the
hammer by what the finger receives.  <

   If the point is that  different hammers have a different tactile feel when
played,   I am simply questioning that, don't know that I have missed it
yet....
   So,  I want someone to show me that they can distinguish between a fairly
hard and a fairly soft hammer by tactile feedback through the key.  I just
went into the shop and tried it, didn't seem to take.
Anyone else try this in a controlled situation?
Wondering,
Ed