Square piano strings/ Dave Dormus' ?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:39:35 -0700

Dave et al,
I would feel real good about using the Rose "C" wire. But, only if you
intend to either rescale for 440 or if you intend to tune it at a lower
pitch. At present, I know of no scaling program that has the mass
coefficients for "Iron Wire", so that breaking strength can be calculated
for this wire. I've asked Del and he just gave me an odd look and changed
the subject. If anyone happens to know what the mass coefficients are for
"Iron Wire", I would like to know, as I am the Beta tester for a scaling
program that is being developed by Mark Gallant, Associate Portland Chapter,
formerly of Intel, etc. "We intend to make this program as intuitive and
user friendly as possible. Also, "we", want to have all the bases of
"scaling" covered, by having many options and a really good manual of
instruction. It's in the works and no, it isn't quite ready for consumption,
yet. (Soon, though, I hope!)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)