Feeling the Hammers when playing!!!!!

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:26:06 +0200

Correction Jim...

The question was definatly feeling the Hammer hitting the string. Tho perhaps
my wording did not make that clear enough.

As for coupling to the key Joe,,, there are a few routes really for the
transmission of this shock energy. I dont think its going to be easy to refute
the claim by taking this angle.

When this is first said... Jims point here is yet another part of this that I
hadnt considered. It may be that the one re-enforces the other.

As far as hard science relative to this is concerned... I believe Alexander
Galembo, our Russian physisict friend has done some measure of work in this
area.

RicB

 JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

>In a message dated 25/06/02 11:16:53 PM, joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:
>
><<  There is no physical way that the player can "feel" the hammer
>
>as it hits the string! >>
>
>Buttt Joe no one is talking about "feeling the hammer as it hits the
>string""..........
>
>The original question and my opinion address a different thingee, i.e.,:
><<""Yes there 'is' a different feel for a hard  hammmer returning off of a
>string and this 'can' be felt in the keystick...IF the action is fairly
>optimally regulated."">>
>
> As for your premise that there is "no way" ............ I would tend to
>agree with you but I wouldn't bet a bunch of money on it...not even if it
>were 'your' money!!  :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF