Benny L. Tucker/Running water

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:16:25 -0700

Benny et al,
Running water, (and especially from an aerated faucet), is White Noise, in
one of it's purest forms. It will blank out all other things, that need to
be aurally focused on! A short explanation, to the client, is usually
recieved well. <G>
I must say I admire anyone who can tune in the cacophony of a factory. But,
I surely hope that you are using some form of ear protection, such as
"Musicians Ear Plugs"!! Otherwise your hearing will be short-lived. If you
have the capability, get a DB Meter and check to see what the DB's are at
the factory. I would be quite interested, as I believe many on this list
would be. (I'm betting it's in the 120db range, which is that of a "Rock
Concert" or "Full Orchestra" level!!!!)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)