Peterson 490ST - now on to other choices

James T. Gammon jtg5f@virginia.edu
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:42:28 -0400

   Thanks for the great responses!  I've learned some valuable things.  =
Given that I think I'm going to avoid the Peterson tuner, what are my =
other options for ETDs?  As I understand it, this is what's available:

Hardware:

Sanderson SAT (I, II, or III)
Verituner

Software:

TuneLab Pro
Reyburn Cybertuner (is this the "cybertuner" to which everyone is =
referring?)

    What does everyone think of these?  In particular, I'm wondering =
about price/performance ratio.  For instance, the TuneLab Pro program =
costs like $350, I think, and the Cybertuner costs $800 or so.  Is it =
worth the difference?  Is the Cybertuner that much more useful than a =
used Sanderson for the price increase and the need to buy a cheap =
laptop?  Thanks all,

    james