Just when you think you've seen everything...

Ray T. Bentley ray@Bentley.net
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:31:54 -0500

This morning I finished up the regulation of a 38 year old Baldwin L.  =
While attempting to regulate the damper upstop rail, I found that it =
wouldn't move.  I thought perhaps it was stuck with varnish.  But no, a =
bright light revealed that some previous tuner must tired of regulating =
it, and actually had driven 5 small nails into it to hold it into place! =
 Fortunately he didn't hammer the headless nails all the way in, and I =
was able to get them out with little visegrips.  FWIW.  I hope no one =
else runs into similar stupidity, but thought someone might profit from =
knowing this experience.

Ray

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Registered Piano Tuner-Technician
Alton, IL
ray@bentley.net
www.ray.bentley.net

The difficult, I do right away.  The impossible takes a little longer!