Night And Day

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:21:24 -0400

I got a call last week from a new dealership in town to do some floor
work..he carries M&H and Petrof.

I tuned and voiced a M&H A and a 6'(?) Petrof..M&H using Renner Blues -
after determining that there was a major accident in the factory involving
hammer-hardening liquid, the Blues were brought back down to earth with a
little steam and some deep needling in some of the shoulders....NOW it
sounds like a Mason, and it felt pretty good underneath me.

What kind of hammers is Petrof using?..they have a distinctively familiar
look to them..like something from Asia. Why don't they use Abels? I would
have loved to have heard that Petrof today with a good set of
hammers...there was so much top end zinging going on, that in order to
completely eliminate it, one would have had to voice them to almost
mush..this truly saddens me.

Seriously,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com