Tickler..slightly OT

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 01:57:56 +0200

Ok folks...

Ed,,,grin... I must admit I will have to ponder this explanation and check it
out on the Steinway tommorrow at work... but in anycase all you folks that came
out with the  right aways Damper Stop Rail too low are 100 % correct. And it is
only just too low at that, otherwise its condition would have been a bit more
obvious to begin with.

This problem, by the way... had been pointed out on many occasions to the
Steinway rep in Norway since the piano was purchased by the University over 10
years ago. His response had always been that this is the way Steinways are
supposed to be... tho he had no explanation for why the other C we had which
was a bit older did not suffer the same problem.

Anyways,,,  I just got responsibility for this instrument (long story) and it
didnt take long to figure out the Damper Stop Rail was too low.

Lots of Green Juice to spread around... you guys are on your game today !!

RicB

 Phil Bondi wrote:

>>     Jon,  that ain't the way I see it.  On the Steinway, lifting the
>damper
>> tray moves the underlever flange pin upwards, and if the underlever is
>> already trapped between the upstop rail and the keyend felt with the key
>> depressed, the result is that the nose of the underlever goes back down,
>> pushing the keyend down, attempting to raise the keyfront, and taking
>away
>> from aftertouch.  No??
>
>Yea Jon..what my student Ed Foote said..!!!!!
>
>-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
>tito@philbondi.com

Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF