Feeling the Hammers when playing

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 09:24:06 EDT

In a message dated 30/06/02 8:38:23 AM, richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

<< Patrick C Poulson wrote:

Hello All: I remember a discussion in a convention voicing class about the

phenomenon of "psychoacoustics." >>

Richard........."psychoacoustics".......What a wonderful word!!
 Do you suppose Patrick may have the class subject wrong? Perhaps it was a
class on Piano Tuners? Nah... probably not..if it were then the word would
have been psychoacousticticians???? or psychoacousticians????
I can just hear it now......
'Hello this is Jim Bryant your friendly psychoacoustictician calling to
confirm our appointment on Friday morning....' :-)    Probably wouldn't work
though cause we shorten things too much   such as 'tuner' instead 'piano
tuner' or 'piano technician'
I don't think our customers would want a call from their "psycho". :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)