Everyday somthing new

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:27:26 -0700

    Hey, at least you realized that you made a mistake and made it right =
at your own expense. Live and learn, but treat the customer as you =
yourself would want to be treated. Amen.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Gevaert Pierre=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 10:11 AM
  Subject: Re: Everyday somthing new

  Dunce of the year?
  Here is mine.
  Note, I was a beginning pianotechnician.
  I wanted to please a client and cleaned de bas strings of her fine =
quality
  upright with metal polish.
  Result: the previously nice sounding basstrings where completely =
death!
  Another tech said that the only way to cure the problem was to replace =
the
  whole set, so that is what I did.
  Maybe there is another possibility? I dont know.

  Regards
  P. Gevaert
  Belgium