German scale

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:20:11 -0600

>Friends,
>
>A customer asked me what the brass plaque on the left cheekblock of
>their 1989 Samick console means.  It says "Imperial German scale."  I
>said I don't know.  Can someone tell me?  On the plate it also says
>"scale design by K. Fenner."  Is this something special, or just another
>sales gimmick?
>
>Regards,
>Clyde

Here you go.
http://www.alexsteinbach.com/quality.htm
Probably cures leprosy too.

I haven't gotten a chance to get a look at one of these scales in a
spreadsheet. I don't know anyone who owns one who would suffer me taking
the measurements, and I am certainly curious. Has anyone out there measured
an Imperial German Scale that you'd care to share in contribution to my
education?

Ron N