Twisted key

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:17:11 -0600

I had this problem in a Baldwin 9000. It was during the ownership transition
to Gibson, so I don't know how things would go now, but I got a new key from
Baldwin with very little hassle (just a few emails)--they didn't even charge
me for it. Since this is still a piano in production, I think I'd at least
try.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Bob Hull
  Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 8:56 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Twisted key

  List,

  I tuned a Baldwin Hamilton today that has a twisted or warped white key.
It can't be leveled with the others or squared.  The front of the key is
twisted compared to the back.  When you set it on a flat surface you can
really see the twist - the front left corner of the  key is up in the air
about 1/8".  I know sometimes you can force a wedge into a kerf cut into a
key that is bent or warped, but it doesn't seem like that would work on this
twisted key.  I would appreciate your suggestions.

  Bob