Protek & Bridges

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:34:28 -0800

Have scary situation to describe to you. I spilled some motor oil on my
chopping block. Next day I went out to "whack some wood". The first time the
axe went all the way through a piece of wood to the chopping block, it
bounced right out and darned near conked me in the head! Needless to say
that chopping block was made into firewood. I left it out for quite a while
and it never lost that nasty characteristic! Oil on wood changes the way it
reacts. When lubing pressure points for string rendering, I never lube the
top bridge, if it is wood. Something to think about.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)