Thomas Piano ??

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:02:59 +0000

Hi, Folks,

   I had an intersting query, today.  I don't know that I have this clear in
my mind, so bear with me in the description.

   The piano is labelled Thomas.  It has plastic parts in it and is probably
about 20 years old.  The owner says he thought it was Irish-made had been
handled by a company in California.

   It sounds like a direct blow action of some sort in a small piano case.
Anyway, the owner says that there are "plastic pegs" in the back of the key,
underneath.  These go into some type of aluminum channel.  He believes that
they help in maintaining key operations, because without them the key just
stays down and doesn't return to position after playing.  Some of these
"pegs" are broken and he is looking for replacements.

   As I said, I'm not too clear from his description.  The piano is over an
hour away, otherwise I'd go look at it just for my own curiosity.

   From this scanty description could some one shed more light on this for
me?

   Any ideas about the piano would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Tom Dickson,
Regina, SK
Professional Piano Tuning and Repair