Cat allergy

Steve Borgstrom orchman@attbi.com
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:26:35 -0600

I am also incredibly allergic to cats!! I always pet a client's cat
though, if they'll let me, 'cause I love little critters of all kinds.
(I have a weeeener dawg who I am NOT allergic to, thankfully) I take
Allegra twice a day and irrigate my nose in the morning with a saline
solution and then use Nasonex, a nasal steroid with a little nose
lubricant in it. I have had very little problem since I started this
regimen! Flonase is another nasal steroid that does the trick for some
people.

The only thing I try to remember is to wash my hands if I pet the
little beasties BEFORE I touch my nose or face or piano keys. Should
mention that I am also allergic to trees, dust mites, grass, smoke and
life in general. And I would reply to the person who said that
allergies were due to an weak immune system that I have MS, an auto
immune disease. My body thinks the myelin sheath around the nerves is
lunch!! So I have an OVER active immune system and am allergic. I can't
figure THAT one out...

But I'm doing OK and am tuning more and more pianos alla time! Seems to
be easier on me and my MS than teaching high school band and orchestra!
Less drama!! <grin>

Be well,
Steve Borgstrom
Brooklyn Park, MN USA