jack stop rail

Dave Nereson dnereson@dim.com
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 04:19:21 -0600

 In traditional
American actions there is no jack slap rail but instead there is a felt
cushion behind the balance hammer below the tape aperture.

Regards
Alan Forsyth
Edinburgh

    I agree that most (American) actions, especially new ones, do not =
have a jack stop rail, but I've seen them in many old uprights.  I think =
Yamaha may have used one in its U7 or some other model.  In the actions =
that don't have the rail, they have felts on the jacks or catchers or =
both, to prevent the jack from flying too wildly or far away from the =
butt on certain types of blows.   -- David Nereson, RPT, Denver