Foam Rubber on Rest Rail?--Terry F.

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:37:52 EDT

In a message dated 4/8/03 11:28:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> 1) Why is foam rubber necessarily lower quality? Maybe all the other pianos
> that use felt have yet to upgrade?
>
> 2) Pray tell, what on earth did you fill the hammers with?
> ..............sorry - couldn't resist!

1.  Seemed kinda cheezy.  I just assumed it was a cost saving measure, but as
Ron pointed out, it might eliminate some of the bouncing.  And foam rubber
isn't really that cheap, come to think of it.

2. I filled them with Soy Sauce, of course.  It's the best hammer hardener
around...