Long Distance Tuning Blues

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:38:09 -0500

>To make it all just a bit more frustrating, my first service call out
>there found no one home! As she had been a good local client, I did not
>charge her for the trip. Now I have driven out there four times for a
>tuning ($80) and some action work ($90).

Sounds familiar. Yesterday, I had three out of town, for a church. As
scheduled, I showed up at 8:30 at the new church to do the first two. No
one there. Building locked up tight. I hung around for about 15 minutes and
went to plan B. Since no one was going to be at the old church until 10:30,
it seemed likely that was the place to start. Sure enough, someone was
there to let me in and I tuned the piano in the 56° sanctuary. Back at the
new church, a half dozen cars had showed up since 8:45, so I got in there
too. Tuned the sanctuary grand and choir room studio, both with
Dampp-Chasers with low water lights blinking furiously (naturally). I
submitted the bill, notified the office denizen of the need for water, and
left. Got home at noon and spent the afternoon in the shop. Some days you
get lucky, some days not.

>Oh well. Much worse things happen in this world.
>
>Terry Farrell

Yea, you might have to get a real job (shudder).

Ron N