new mac-software in back of ptg journal

Steve Borgstrom orchman@attbi.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:33:59 -0500

I agree that Palm Desktop is a wonderful organizer PIM (Personal
Information Manager) I keep all my piano records, client info,
appointments, and EVERYTHING I need in life on my little 2 meg Palm
Zire. I find the Palm/ Mac combination to be all I need and elegant as
well. I have used PC's extensively at work and have worked with Pocket
PC's a bit. They all work fine, but they lack the simplicity and
elegance of the Palm/Mac OS X solution.

I wish someone would write an ETD for the Palm platform. I would buy a
Palm Tungsten and whatever ETD gets written for the Palm almost
immediately. (I never buy software that is version X.0, I wait for the
first or second update! <grin>)

All the best!
Steve

>> At 12:34 AM -0400 4/9/03, HazenBannister@cs.com wrote:
>>> I just ordered a new Mac G4 laptop today.I am wondering if there is
>>> a good client/schedule program avaiable for a mac,as this is my
>>> first.
>>
>> One cheap solution is to find someone with a Palm Pilot. The
>> installer disk will have both Mac and PC versions of the Palm
>> Desktop, which is as good a contacts/calender/to-do app as most
>> people need.
>
>> Or you can download it ( here's the URL for the OS X version
>> <http://www.palm.com/support/macintosh/mac_desktop.html>. Early
>> versions of the software were free; I haven't downloaded this version
>> (yet) so I can't tell you if there's any cost to this version.
>> Definitely worth looking into.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched