Repinning flanges: Unusual discovery and solution

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:10:22 -0700

Isaac:

I clean the roughened part of the wire broaches with a brass brush as is
used for suede.  It cleans the debris out of the textured surface without
dulling the cutting edges.  I would normally just use it every few flanges.

This particular piano is due for tuning in a couple of months, so I will
have the opportunity to see if the pinning has held up.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net