Repinning flanges: Unusual discovery and solution

Ken Jankura kenrpt@earthlink.net
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:09:49 -0400

I wasn't foolhardy enough to fill up the mortice with water, but I did use
too much and it cracked the key fronts on quite a few keys :-(
Ken Jankura rpt
Fayetteville PA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>

> Removing key bushings - you need to dab little water on them, right? But
maybe they dry out a little too fast. Well, common sense will tell you that
if a little water is good, a lot is better! A good solution would be to
simply fill that nice little receptacle (key mortise) up to the top with
water! That way the key bushings get a real good soaking. Of course, you
need to keep adding water to the mortise ........ because it seems to go
away ...... somewhere. Let sit overnight. Works great. Bushings fall right
out! Anyone ever see a key with a nearly circular cross section? (I have.)
:-(