Prior Planning ...

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:32:52 -0400

Alan,

I differentiate between regular customers and first-timers when this happens.
I just got a call from a church where I've tuned the piano regularly for ten
years.  In practice this evening they found the piano severely out of tune.
All things considered, the situation sounds a little bizarre, but I shifted my
schedule around to work them in before Easter.

Last minute panic calls from non-customers is a different story.  If my
schedule is already full (and it nearly always is), I will tell them to call
someone else.  There is a local retailer who can usually send out an RPT in a
day or two, so I suggest they call him.  If they really can't get anyone else,
AND if I'm in the mood, I will offer to do the work as a favor on an overtime
basis -- that is, they pay 150% of regular charges.  But since I don't need
more work, I'm not eager to go even at that.

Regards,
Clyde