Worth it? was Baldwin warrantee

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:55:19 +0200

Most large dealers here understood that the calls will be approx 5% on the
sales made (so floor prep is 1 hour at the most), so they know they
eventually have to pay for an (expected light) intervention on some of the
customers. Little shops make piano prep themselves more or less.

But they wish to work with techs who can do the minimal job, so the cost
stay low (tune at 436 Hz , fix only the complained part and leave the
remaining to be done later, etc) . It is possible to make good work for some
dealers if you are credible and don't play much in their play, but you need
to be flexible enough, and to talk in their language, meaning let them know
you fairly know you are eating their margin, but the work is to be done as
well. So you are a necessary evil !

Best Regards, dear colleague.

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG