Restoring crown in old soundboards - new cracks

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:56:19 +0200

Hello Hello, thanks for these infos,

Yes I dry the thing, may be not as long as you but with DC rods too.
(and sometime the board/bridge unglue also) I was basically saying
that every other classic shimming work I see use to open in the dry
season, probably the ones I made 15 years ago also, but the ones I
made since I use a router (4-5 years) and often larger shims, seem to
hold fine , of course I dry the board too, thanks for these methods in
the journal and on the list.

And the glue used ?

Best

Isaac OLEG